Customers who participate in the ISO-administered markets must register their assets with ISO New England for settlement and other market-related purposes. Below are instructions for registering, modifying, or retiring load or tie-line assets.
Register a New Load or Tie-Line Asset
Submit the form via Ask ISO.
- If you’re a new customer, initiate ISO customer registration if you haven’t done so already; if you’re an energy service company/competitive supplier, please read Registering Physical Load with ISO-NE before continuing to the next step.
- Fill out the form for the type of asset you wish to register:
Note: A load asset registered with the ISO may be recognized as a Generation Information System (GIS) Load Asset and subject to the costs associated with administering NEPOOL GIS. Learn more about GIS and GIS cost allocation at www.nepoolgis.com. GIS settlement information, including the GIS Allocation of Costs document, GIS Annual Exemption Process instructions, and GIS Exemption Request form, is available on the ISO website.
Modify an Existing Load or Tie-Line Asset
- To transfer ownership of load asset shares, the Lead Market Participant of the asset must initiate asset registration via the Customer Asset Management System (CAMS). See page 95 of the CAMS User Guide for Company and Affiliate Maintenance for additional instructions.
- To change any of the following attributes, the Lead Market Participant of the asset must submit a signed form via Ask ISO. The ISO will provide the form upon receipt of the request via Ask ISO.
- Lead Load Asset Owner
- Assigned Meter Reader
- Metering Interval Change
- To change any of the following attributes, the Lead Market Participant of the asset must submit an issue via Ask ISO; a form is not required.
- Asset Name
- Estimated Max Load
- Facility Type
- Metering Type
- To transfer GIS costs from one Lead Load Asset Owner to another, contact the NEPOOL GIS administrator.
Retire an Existing Load or Tie-Line Asset
- To request to retire an asset, the Lead Market Participant of the asset must submit a signed form via Ask ISO. The ISO will provide the form upon receipt of the request via Ask ISO. The ISO will only accept a request to retire an existing asset that has been reviewed and signed by the host participant assigned meter reader.